Saturday, January 30, 2010

When in Rome

I took myself to a movie today. I'm ok seeing a movie alone because it's usually one that no one else wants to see. I spent part of my Saturday afternoon watching "When in Rome." I knew it wouldn't be super great but I'm a sucker for romantic comedies. I enjoyed "The Proposal" and "Leap Year" and I look forward to "Valentine's Day" opening soon.

The best part of this movie is the very, very handsome Josh Duhamel. I don't watch the show he's on so it came as kind of a shock as to his beauty. Wow, that alone is worth the ticket price--now note, I got into this movie for free because I had a voucher, so maybe if I paid $10 my feelings might be different.

The movie was light and somewhat entertaining. A couple of women behind me in the theater were laughing their heads off, so maybe it's funnier than I thought.

There was a disappointment though. In the trailer, there is a very funny line said by Dax Shepard's character. He says something like, "call the vet because these puppies are sick!" He is referring to his muscular abs at this point and I think it's a great line. Well, that scene wasn't in the movie at all. That was like a bait and switch to get me to the theater and then never have the funny part in the movie. ugh.

For Napolean Dynamite fans, in addition to Jon Heder, Pedro from Napolean Dynamite showed up in this movie. He isn't in the trailer at all. I guess that's just another bait and switch...

2 comments:

  1. I saw the trailers for this and it looked really cute. But judging from the reviews, it seems that the best parts of the movie are in the trailers! Ugh. I hate that. Thanks for saving me from the disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole,

    I just found your blog. Congrats on starting one. Keep it up. That Mongolian BBQ place sounds good.

    Lisa G.

    ReplyDelete